• Former NFL player Dave Des Rochers offers some practical advice
• “A contracting career … may be replaced by artificial intelligence”
Total recorded time is 28:40
For those at mid-career, making a transition to a new job, perhaps even a new field, comes with a tubload of troubling thoughts. But perhaps one not immediately considered is whether the new job will even exist ten years from now.
“if it's a growing career or a growing field, you're going to have much more opportunity to grow with it and give yourself other opportunities — versus a contracting career, which may be replaced by artificial intelligence, or it may give you very little opportunity for growth,” says former Seattle Seahawks player Dave Des Rochers, whose career of many roads tried has taken him to the vice presidency of Path2, a firm that markets proprietary career advice.
Mr. Des Rochers has spent his adult life checking the boxes as he built a lengthy resume. Now he’s trying to use his experience with a company selling a new form of career guideance.
The former pro football player for the Seattle Seahawks and the former Montreal Machine of the World League of American Football offers his insights in this Bizgnus Podcast.
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …