• Former NFL player Dave Des Rochers offers some practical advice
• “A contracting career … may be replaced by artificial intelligence”
Total recorded time is 28:40
For those at mid-career, making a transition to a new job, perhaps even a new field, comes with a tubload of troubling thoughts. But perhaps one not immediately considered is whether the new job will even exist ten years from now.
“if it's a growing career or a growing field, you're going to have much more opportunity to grow with it and give yourself other opportunities — versus a contracting career, which may be replaced by artificial intelligence, or it may give you very little opportunity for growth,” says former Seattle Seahawks player Dave Des Rochers, whose career of many roads tried has taken him to the vice presidency of Path2, a firm that markets proprietary career advice.
Mr. Des Rochers has spent his adult life checking the boxes as he built a lengthy resume. Now he’s trying to use his experience with a company selling a new form of career guideance.
The former pro football player for the Seattle Seahawks and the former Montreal Machine of the World League of American Football offers his insights in this Bizgnus Podcast.
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …