• It’s one your mother may have taught you
• “Gratitude is really the foundation of business”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:54)
Gratitude, real gratitude, is more than a vigorous “thank you.” Followed carefully, gratitude can shape lives – and even help businesses, especially in these days of the so-called “great resignation.”.
“Gratitude is really the foundation of business. Gratitude is the foundation of life,” says Lisa Ryan, a former welder who for more than a decade has been showing businesses how they can keep their employees engaged in their work.
She quotes the late Mother Teresa as say, “We are more starved for appreciation than we are for bread.”
According to its research, the polling firm Gallup Inc. says employee engagement is slumping in the United States.
Fewer than one out of three people drawing a paycheck is engaged with their work, says Gallup. The 2022 measurement of 32 percent engagement is down from 36 percent in 2020, pre-pandemic.
And Gallup says one out of six of your workers – 17 percent – is “actively disengaged.”
A little gratitude – real gratitude – might solve this.
Lisa Ryan joins us for this Bizgnus Interview podcast to talk about real gratitude and its role in business.
Please click here to watch the Bizgnus interview:
Lis Ryan is author of ten books, including “Manufacturing Engagement: 98 Proven Strategies to Attract and Retain Your Industry’s Top Talent” and is an international keynote speaker.
For more information: https://lisaryanspeaks.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
• From stand-up to outstanding – with a lot of work
• “It is a leadership tool”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:44)
It takes a lot of practice to do …