• Corporate real estate expert outlines a new trend powered by technology and the pandemic
• “We’ve really got to start a proper debate”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:17)
Here are the ingredients for major change that have never been seen before: ubiquitous digital access, the gig economy and the demands of a multigenerational workforce mixed with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Baked together they make for dramatic changes about where and how people work, morphing the typical “cube farm” office into something very different, says corporate real estate expert Chris Kane.
“People being forced to work from home has also led to one of those unexpected consequences of things like this,” says Mr. Kane, whose career has included tenure as Vice President of International Corporate Real Estate for the Walt Disney Company, before acting as Head of Corporate Real Estate at the BBC. He is now Director of Six Ideas, a global consultancy that focuses on workplace development innovation.
He says that includes office workers realizing they do not need to commute hours every day just to sit in an office when they can do the same work remotely.
“We’ve really got to start a proper debate about making smarter use of the built environment,” Mr. Kane says.
Please click here to watch on the Bizgnus YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/vs8Dlf6dFq8
• It often boils down to how you look at your staff
• Curiosity about staff can be transformative for a business
(Total recorded time is 19:17)
The ratio of work on business problems to …
• Surgeon creates Hollywood-level recording studio
• Including a Johnny Cash back story
Total Recorded Time is 18:40
Comparing audio recorded on a …
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …