• Corporate real estate expert outlines a new trend powered by technology and the pandemic
• “We’ve really got to start a proper debate”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:17)
Here are the ingredients for major change that have never been seen before: ubiquitous digital access, the gig economy and the demands of a multigenerational workforce mixed with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Baked together they make for dramatic changes about where and how people work, morphing the typical “cube farm” office into something very different, says corporate real estate expert Chris Kane.
“People being forced to work from home has also led to one of those unexpected consequences of things like this,” says Mr. Kane, whose career has included tenure as Vice President of International Corporate Real Estate for the Walt Disney Company, before acting as Head of Corporate Real Estate at the BBC. He is now Director of Six Ideas, a global consultancy that focuses on workplace development innovation.
He says that includes office workers realizing they do not need to commute hours every day just to sit in an office when they can do the same work remotely.
“We’ve really got to start a proper debate about making smarter use of the built environment,” Mr. Kane says.
Please click here to watch on the Bizgnus YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/vs8Dlf6dFq8
• What is your former boss telling a potential employer about you?
• Allison & Taylor President Jeff Shane warns job hunters not to assume all is well with their references
(TRT is …
• But watchdog says it may be too little and too late
• “I wonder how much money is going to be in this pool”
The Biden administration says the …
• Unequal burden also for Hispanic communities
• Two scientists who revealed the problem are the guests on this Bizgnus Podcast
Acres of asphalt parking lots, unshaded roads, dense …
• Laura Brandao says it’s possible to keep saying “yes” despite adversity
• “It’s for the whole world to say ‘yes’ every day
(Total Recorded Time …
• Mindfulness trainer Julie Potiker says it’s an age-old practice that applies to the 21st Century
• “It’s not weird; it’s not woo-woo”
• The epiphany for a veteran salesman
• “Ethical behavior creates dedicated employees and loyal customers”
After years of selling – used cars, lighting supplies, whatever—Joel Malkoff …