• Corporate real estate expert outlines a new trend powered by technology and the pandemic
• “We’ve really got to start a proper debate”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:17)
Here are the ingredients for major change that have never been seen before: ubiquitous digital access, the gig economy and the demands of a multigenerational workforce mixed with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Baked together they make for dramatic changes about where and how people work, morphing the typical “cube farm” office into something very different, says corporate real estate expert Chris Kane.
“People being forced to work from home has also led to one of those unexpected consequences of things like this,” says Mr. Kane, whose career has included tenure as Vice President of International Corporate Real Estate for the Walt Disney Company, before acting as Head of Corporate Real Estate at the BBC. He is now Director of Six Ideas, a global consultancy that focuses on workplace development innovation.
He says that includes office workers realizing they do not need to commute hours every day just to sit in an office when they can do the same work remotely.
“We’ve really got to start a proper debate about making smarter use of the built environment,” Mr. Kane says.
Please click here to watch on the Bizgnus YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/vs8Dlf6dFq8
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …