• Demographer says the real problem lies overseas
• The Baby Boomers are leaving big shoes to fill
(Total Recorded Time is 21:19)
The national unemployment rate is under 5 percent and in some states, such as Nebraska, it’s hovering around 2 percent. These days it seems you can’t go anyplace without seeing stores, offices, bars, restaurants – you name it – plastered with help wanted signs.
So where have all the workers gone? Our guest on this Bizgnus Podcast is Ken Gronbach, a demographer and a futurist, who says he may know where the vanished American worker is really hiding.
Please click here to watch the podcast:
“Our demography is not favoring us in the labor market just yet,” says Mr. Gronbach. “But we will have the best labor market in our history very soon.”
Mr. Gronbach is president of KGC Direct LLC, based in Bonita Springs, Florida, and is the author of the current book, “Upside: Profiting from the Profound Demographic Shifts Ahead,“ (Amacom, April 2017). He is also the author of the bestselling book, “The Age Curve: How To Profit from the Coming Demographic Storm.”
For more information: https://kgcdirect.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We take pride in offering unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is email@example.com
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”