• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work made fun gets done.” Now that we have planted that ear worm, we need to tell you it’s the title of the latest book by employee motivation expert Bob Nelson.
He notes that more than eight out of ten employees at Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in America” say the best companies are all fun places to work. And the consulting firm Deloitte adds that the 2020s will be known as “The Era of Workplace Fun.”
Mr. Nelson, president of Nelson Motivation Inc., which specializes in helping organizations with employee recognition and engagement, says it’s much more than putting a foose-ball table in the break room, because that’s been done.
Please click here to watch our Bizgnus Interview with Mr. Nelson: https://youtu.be/pTMtwGeX1HM
Bob Nelson, PhD, has authored over 30 books on employee motivation and engagement, which have collectively sold over 5 million copies, in more than 30 languages.
His latest book is “Work Made Fun Gets Done! Easy Ways to Boost Energy, Morale, and Results,” (Berrett-Koehler Publishers, May 2021.)
For more information: drbobnelson.com
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”