• How fables can bolster a business
• “I’d like to tell you that I had a master plan to be a best selling author”
(Total Recorded Time is 19:15)
Once upon a time there was a business. And after that sentence, the fable about your business can grow to have a happy ending or a tragic one.
When it comes to business fables, Michael Levin has written a lot of them. He stresses that these are stories, not fabrications.
He joins us for this Bizgnus Podcast to talk about the power of the business fable… and he’s not talking about dragons or giants at the other end of the beanstalk.
Please click here to watch our interview:
Please click here to listen to our interview and download the audio file:
Mr. Levin says that in his 34-year career he has written or ghostwritten more than 700 books, 19 of which were best sellers.
That tsunami of writing came after Mr. Levin tried, and quickly disliked, a career in law. But success as a writer was not guaranteed.
“I’d like to tell you that I had a master plan to be a best-selling author,” he says in his brief bio on his website.
He says it doesn’t matter if your book is a best seller or sells just a single copy, as long as that sale is to the right person and the book tells the right fables.
For more information:
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …
• Now is not the time to fight change says expert
• “Over time, with practice, we accrue what I call resilience wisdom”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:42)
Few single events have impacted life …
• Leaders can learn from the fish that would fly
• “That will make the world a much better place”
Total Recorded Time is 17:40
The humble …
• It often boils down to how you look at your staff
• Curiosity about staff can be transformative for a business
(Total recorded time is 19:17)
The ratio of work on business problems to …